How to Hilite Question

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Feb 14 17:38:20 EST 2007

Jeff Honken wrote:
> How would a person auto hilite the text in a field that they've tabbed
> into ?  I would think this would be pretty simple but I can't seem to
> get it to work with the "hilite" command.

Hi Jeff,

This is indeed very easy - as long as you know what message to handle.

If you have several fields, you could put this handler in the card script; or
you could group the fields and put it into the group script:

on openField
   select the text of the target
end openField

Otherwise, put it into the script of the field and [optionally] change 'the
target' to 'me'.

HTH -
Phil Davis