Disable Mouse

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 14 14:42:20 EST 2007

Jeff Honken wrote:
> Sarah,
>   Thanks you for responding.  I'm still confused on the issue.  What I
> have is several fields that are for data entry.  I don't want to give
> the user the ability of using the mouse in any of the input fields.  I
> could put empty mouseDown handlers in the fields but that will still
> allow the user the ability to use the mouse to get into the field and
> the type within the field.  I want to make sure their only ability to
> get into the field are by tabbing or using the return key from the
> previous field.  Jeff

Sarah's method will still work. Just put a transparent button over the
fields, making sure it is on the top layer. Set its autohilite and
showborder to false. Put an empty "mouseup" handler in its script to
block any mouse clicks.

Your regular scripts can still select the fields underneath and
auto-tabbing will work normally. Anything the user types will go into
the currently selected field. The only thing the user can't do is click
to get access to the fields because the overlying button will block it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com