answer dialog over modal window

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:41:09 EST 2007

I'm having a strange problem. Seems to be happening only under
Windows (tested on Windows XP, server 2003). I'm not sure if it's
something I've done wrong or if I've found a bug in Rev. Maybe
someone can help. Running Rev 2.7.4.

I have an application that at one point opens a modal dialog for the
user to change some settings. When the user clicks the save button, a
verification routine runs to make sure all necessary settings are
correct. If there's a problem, I simply bring up the answer dialog to
inform the user so they can fix it. But there seems to be a problem
opening a modal window (answer dialog) over another modal window. The
answer dialog opens behind the already open modal window instead of
in front of it. And there's no way to switch to it. I even tried
using Task Manager to switch to the answer dialog, but that didn't do
anything. So the application looks as though it's hanging, when
really it's just waiting for user input. Has anyone else experienced
this? Is there a workaround for it?

Everything works fine on the Mac. Of course, on the Mac I'm opening
my settings dialog as a sheet rather than as a regular modal window.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield