Error in external

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 12 12:56:01 EST 2007

John Craig wrote:
> I wrote a small external a while back after Mark Waddington's newsletter
> article.  The external seems to work fine most of the time, but every
> once in a while throws an error.
> The variable watcher tells me that the temp vars that were set prior to
> calling the external function have mysteriously emptied.  Has anyone
> else experienced anything similar with externals?
>
> (WindowsXP, Rev. 2.7.4 , VC++ )

Tech support received a report last week that the article in the
newsletter had reversed two parameters in external.c. Two functions have
their first two parameters interchanged (p_name and p_group).

This was verified last week and a correction is supposed to be made to
the article. But in the mean time, if you are using either of those two
functions, the error may be due to that reason.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com