Re-posting of Question about Draw and Paint Palette

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 12 11:14:12 EST 2007

Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> Is there a way that Rev's Draw and Paint Control Palette can be added
> to our own Stacks so that they will be available in the standalones
> created later on? It would also be nice if its Tool functions were
> also available.

The answer wasn't forthcoming probably because it's both yes and no.

As Transcript-driven parts, almost any stacks can be made to work with
any others.  The question is whether it's worth the trouble, or perhaps
more cost-effective and user-oriented to craft something specific for
the task at hand.

The challenge of incorporating Rev's palettes is that they're tied to
Rev's development libraries, and the scope of interactions among them is
quite broad.

If you have an app in which you need drawing and painting tools, it's
probably better in terms of both the usability of the design and the
cost to implement it to just roll your own.

See these tokens in the Dictionary:

  choose command
  newTool message
  tool global property