Dollar Format

Jeff Honken jhonken at webdsp.com
Mon Feb 12 10:20:40 EST 2007

Mark,
  That worked great.  Thanks,  Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Smith [mailto:mark at maseurope.net]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 9:59 AM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: Dollar Format

Jeff, try the format function

put format("%1.2f",NBalance) into NBalance

The numberFormat is a system property, and you can't set it for one
variable. It persists (I think) until the current handler finishes.
In any case, it simply limits the decimal places, and will not put
the trailing zeros in, so if your calculation produced a value of
21.1, it would still only give you "21.1" rather than "21.10".

Best,

Mark

On 12 Feb 2007, at 14:17, Jeff Honken wrote:

> How would a person force a U.S. dollar format on a variable?  I'm
> trying
> to set NBalance as a dollar but the following errors:
>
> put pBalance - (iDPayment + DSUM) into NBalance
>   set the numberFormat of NBalance to "#.00"
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Jeff

subscription preferences: