Built-in patterns

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 9 20:17:21 EST 2007

Devin Asay wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2007, at 11:06 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> I've got a graphic with its foregroundpattern set to 9, one of the
>> built-in patterns in the IDE. I always thought these were part of the
>> engine. But when I build a standalone, there's problems.
>>
>> On OS X, the graphic draws pure white. On Windows, it crashes the
>> whole app the moment I make the graphic visible.
>>
>> It looks like the patterns are not being included in the standalone.
>> Anyone have experience with this? Am I going to have to hunt down the
>> pattern and include a copy in my stack? The standalone builder doesn't
>> have an option to copy them over, and to be honest, I always thought
>> that was unnecessary.
>
> Jacque,
>
> I could swear that an earlier version of the Standalone Builder allowed
> you to include the standard image and pattern libraries. I posed a
> question about this a few months ago, but didn't get any response. I
> think it's needed, because if you use images or patterns from the
> "standard" or even *shudder* Metcard libraries ;-) they disappear in the
> standalone.
>
> If this isn't done already, I'll submit a feature enhancement to
> QCzilla. Anybody know anything about this?

I didn't see anything in bugzilla about it, but if you do submit I'd
suggest doing it as a bug rather than as an enhancement request. Just
the fact that missing patterns crash Windows is enough to qualify it as
a bug, but even if that didn't happen, it is something people expect as
part of the standalone building process. If patterns aren't included
automatically, there should at least be an option to include them in the
SB just as you can include cursors now.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com