multiplayer game on LAN

Henk van der Velden henk at iglow-media.nl
Fri Feb 9 17:01:10 EST 2007

Good day all,

I have a question about a multiplayer game we are going to develop.
It is going to be used on a LAN in schools. Four children play
against each other. The game will be turn based.

Now I would like to know if there is any general advice, or some
considerations I should take into account, on how to set this up. I
see an option to use socket communications, like in chatservers and
clients. Or I could perhaps use communication between standalones,
with every client communicating with a kind of 'game server'.

Any opinions?

Kind regards,

Henk
Henk v.d. Velden