Copying Objects between different version of RunRev

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Fri Feb 9 11:59:14 EST 2007

On 9 Feb 2007, at 16:45, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>> The reason I want to do this is becasue 2.7.4.291 won't open the
>> Stack, but 2.6.6.152 has no problem! I thought that I might be
>> able to re-create the stack in 2.7.4.291 and then copy the objects
>> over one-by-one. No such luck tho!!! I can't see that the stack
>> file format change would make it impossible to copy objects over!
>> Especially since I am moving from 2.6.6 to 2.7.x and I have the
>> Legacy Stack format set. I could understand it slightly if it were
>> being copy from 2.7.x to 2.6.6.
>
> It's not the stackfileformat. It's that Rev doesn't put copies of
> its own internal objects into the system clipboard. Since Rev
> objects are not usable by any other application, it doesn't even
> try to share them.
> --

Well that's a bit silly, isn't it?!?! So, if I copy an object onto
the clipboard, delete from my stack, save the stack then open a new
stack to paste it in and RunRev crashes I lose my object! There
really is no reason for RunRev not to place it's own objects onto the
external clipboard since Apps that don't understand the objects
simply won't see them. This is especially true since the unstable
nature of 2.7.x means that you have to revert to 2.6.6 quite a lot
and sometimes this is the only way to rescue a stack! Also if they
published the format of the objects on the Clipboard 3rd party Apps
could make use of them, thus promoting RunRev.

All the Best
Dave