OT: The State of Video Capture Spring 2007

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Feb 8 20:28:27 EST 2007

Luis wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Would you detail the setup a little more?
> To mind is a HD cam, but I'm not sure I'm seeing what you require
> straight off.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luis.

1) Presentations are created in Keynote

2) At the end of the KeyNote, you want to just hand out to the audience
the presentation on a DVDs.

3) It obviously does not have the audio by the presentor.

4) We have been recording the presentation "live" in studio a
setting while running the Keynote and capturing this with SnapzPro.
It works fairly well. We were able to go up to nearly 30 minute and
the G 5 handled it pretty well.

Does that help?

> On 8 Feb 2007, at 22:08, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
>> We are in the midst of our hard ware upgrade cycle
>> (once very two years we do major "enterprise" hardware upgrade here.)
>>
>> And we are taking a hard look at "must have" equipment.
>>
>> Some background: (Apple only, OSX....)
>>
>> We are ramping up video production in a big way and getting from
>> a Keynote to a DVD is right now an incredible "jump thru hoops"
>> where, using SnapzPro on our biggest G5 dual processor desktop
>> production station
[snip]