Set the script of... not working ???

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Thu Feb 8 12:10:46 EST 2007

I have a script which is trying to delete handlers from a library -
here are the lines that are not working:

        put the script of scriptObject into someScript
        delete char startChar to endChar of someScript

        put the number of chars of someScript
        set the script of scriptObject to empty
        put someScript
        set the script of scriptObject to someScript

        put merge("Deleted handler '[[handlerName]]'!")

In the message box I get:

       70641

That is the script exits and is not able to set the script to empty or
to anything else. I have never come across this before - but it is a
large script - is there a limit to the how large a script can be for
this to work ???