finding renamed files

Mark Powell mark_powell at symantec.com
Thu Feb 8 11:46:55 EST 2007

Hello David:

Assuming you are dealing with jpegs only, you could use exif data in
your comparison algorithm.  For example, if you know the source of all
images you can parse the exif data to see if an unknown 'image software
source' field exists.  If yes, then it is deemed to have changed.

Alex Tweedly has a stack "libEXIF" that does this well.  I think it is
in RevOnline.

Mark