Memory Problem?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Feb 3 13:14:04 EST 2007

Hi Peter,

Since Revolution uses AppleScript, a much better way to do this task
is to open each file for binary read, open a destination for binary
write, and use a repeat loop to read and write small chunks,
something like 200K. When done, close both files and continue with
the next. You will be surprised about the speed and if you include a
wait command with messages in the repeat loop, you have still control
over the GUI to show e.g. a progress bar.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 3-feb-2007, om 16:06 heeft Peter Reid het volgende geschreven: