OT: Quicktime Streaming Server on LInux

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Feb 2 00:59:30 EST 2007

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, Sivakatirswami wrote:
[snip]

>> I'm talking here about some serious data:
>> 100 plus megabyte movies at 320 X 240
>
> Perhaps you could try breaking down your media into smaller chunks. 100MB
> seems relatively large for most non-corporate users.

Scott:  good thought..

We've done that in the past with audio

Part 1
Part 2 etc.

Our  kind of content of  those lengths could be easily
"chapterized"  in ways that will not seem too fragmented
to the users.

What would you suggest is a good max target size to use
for a single movie?  Right now I get fairly good results
in Chennai, (Madras) even up to 25 megs. Of course
Madras is really wired and may not be a good example.