knee-jerk 90

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Thu Feb 1 17:39:46 EST 2007

> I've seen these figures get smaller and smaller for Apple every year.
> Yet they innovate, thrive, sell a lot of product and are
> flush with cash.

I find these figures believable because Ive seen similar ones from a variety
of sources that otherwise wouldn't come from the same well (such as PC
shipments in Japan from companies in Japan that track such things).

Apple being profitable doesn't have to be immediately associated with % of
the PC market. Apple has its own ecosystem of products and markets and its
really maximized the amount of profit it can generate through all venues
associated from it. I think it was totally appropriate that they dropped the
word "Computer" from their name.

Stephen, have you read Geoffrey Moore's Inside the Tornado? I recommend it
(his other books are great) in particular because it makes a lot of sense
for what's going on at Apple (ie it being a good thing for Apple).

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations
Runtime Revolution, Ltd