RevSpeak - a little less robotic?

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 1 14:51:22 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

I started to tinker with the RevSpeak to create a little novelty
stack to help me practice hitting the right notes on the first three
strings of the guitar.  (It's a drill to improvise in any position on
the neck).

I created a handler that will say different notes at random, for
example, "Two high C" means play high C on the second string.  I
substitued "eh" for "A" so that it's pronounced as long "A".
Looping this would then create the exercise (which could probably be
tolerated for no more than three minutes).

I was wondering if there's a way to make the voice sound a little
more human.  I'm doing this on an iBook G4.

Regards,

	Gregory

on mouseUp
   put "eh,B,C,D,E,F,G" into naturalNotes
   put "low,high" into thePitch
   revSetSpeechSpeed 20
   revSpeak random(3) && item random(2) of thePitch && item random(7)
of naturalNotes
end mouseUp