user groups : educators

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu Feb 1 12:19:54 EST 2007

I guess I have to register as a chat-hater and non-texter, but I just
don't see the efficiency of using chat when email and mail-lists work
better.

Chat requires you to sit there with full attention and wait for
misinterpretation. It's a complete time suck for me, your mileage may
vary.

I get all tense and impatient during chat, waiting for people to
type, and wishing I hadn't joined the chat. One can't really do
anything else during a chat session.

A whiteboard or video image during chat adds a lot of value to a chat
session. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o