the char number of char 1 of word x

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sat Dec 29 18:40:19 EST 2007

For your specific example:

put length(word 1 to 4 of myText) - length(word 4 of myText) + 1
OR
put (the number of chars in word 1 to 4 of myText) - (the number of
chars in word 4 of myText) + 1

Unfortunately there is no direct chunk expression like:
"word 1 to char 1 of word 4 of myText"

As Jim mentioned, it might be instructional to know what you are
trying to do. Depending on your needs you might also look into the
offset() function.