Accessing Addressbook and iCal

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Dec 21 14:37:05 EST 2007

Jim Sims wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2007, at 8:20 PM, Thorsten Hohage wrote:
>
>> I know Rev is cross plattform and this query is not, BUT is there a
>> recommend / common way to access the Apple Addressbook and perhaps
>> then new Leo only iCal-"Framework". Any ready build class available,
>> or must I really do it on my own?

A couple of years back Andre developed a Library for processing .ics
format data (or something along those lines)  It was probably ahead of
its time, but now with Google Calendar, iPhone, iCal, Omnifocus, etc.
all dancing around the .ics standard maybe it would interesting if Andre
posted those old libs? I don't know if they can talk directly to an
iCal. I actually have number of requests to build some iCal "add ons"
here, so I'm looking into it..
and I would really love to be able to talk to Google Calendar
independently of a browser!

Address book seems to use a flavor of SQLite format 3, (check
application support and open the addressbook in BBedit) and there's
vCard for export and import, but you probably know that already...