Asynch work: loading movie from file example...

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Dec 21 05:03:58 EST 2007

Thanks - Andre. No it's not overkill - I need to use RevBrowser in any case,
and was using it for FLV's - so it is even simpler if I can unify them all
into a single object. My fear was stability as in general I have got more
crashes when using RevBrowser than with other code - but if you have found
it works well that's a very good sign. Has stability been a problem at all?
In development? If you leave the app running for days ie kiosk mode / memory
leaks?

On 20/12/2007, Andre Garzia <andre at andregarzia.com> wrote:

> What we have now is a fake RevBrowser window as the player object.
> RevBrowser windows run on their own thread so they won't block the UI
> and QT player on a browser behaves better than qt player on rev. We
> assemble a QT embeded object in a string and set the htmltext of the
> revbrowser to it, so you don't need to be connected to the internet.
> All happens in memory, a temporary HTML that is loaded on the browser
> that holds reference to the movie file and player. The user never sees
> the difference and we can now play lots of movies and multimedia
> resources.

Have you tried "rtsp:" url's for progressive download? Maybe its not needed
- but as even local files that are very large can take time to load before
playing, I guess this would be a use for a local rev based http server?

NB - I was thinking of a solution using "send" :)