Where and how do you store SQL command

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 11:47:51 EST 2007

On 12/19/07 5:08 AM, "Ian Wood" <revlist at azurevision.co.uk> wrote:
> Personally I tend to put really long selects (and AppleScripts) in
> text fields on a hidden stack, as it makes it extremely easy to edit
> them in the future.

Editing custom properties is just as easy as a field (in fact better) by
doing this:

Let's say you wanted to store an Applescript in a
custom property called "useBBEditTextFactory02"
in a stack, any stack.

open the stack inspector palette
   (menu Object:Stack Inspector)
choose "Custom Properties"
then click the top "+"
type "useBBEditTextFactory02"
click OK
now the lower pane allows pasting and editing of text

Then move the palette to the upper left corner of your monitor, grab the
lower right corner of the palette, drag to make it full screen.

You now have a gigantic, resizing field.  In fact, you are using a Rev field
that has been placed on the palette stack by the Rev team as part of the
Development Environment (IDE).  Just copy.paste.edit as normal.

One downside is that you don't keep the formatting and coloring.
Another is that you can only look at one property at a time, vs fields that
can be side by side, etc.  I have used dynamic fields in that on close field
become thumbnails, and on enter resize and relocate.

So if you don't care about the coloring, custom properties are easy to edit
using a real Rev field and they can stay in the main stack.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas