RGB colours

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Dec 19 10:44:37 EST 2007

It seems like the templateButton/field etc doesn't have a usable
backPixel property...

This seems to work, though I don't think it's any better than
Sarah's. It doesn't need to create any objects, but then the Sarah's
could be modified to work the same way.

function getRGB cName
     lock screen
     put the backcolor of this cd into oldColor
     set the backcolor of this cd to cName
     put the effective backpixel of this cd into tRGB
     put binaryencode("M", tRGB) into tBin

     repeat for each char i in tBin
         put chartonum(i) & comma after rgbList
     end repeat
     set the backcolor of this cd to oldColor
     return item 2 to 4 of rgbList
end getRGB

Interestingly, 'the effective backPixel' in this case returns a
decimal representation of the 4 byte pixel as a 4 byte integer.

Best,

Mark