My Enterprise has been sold.

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Dec 17 09:38:18 EST 2007

Hi Andrew,

Pricing is something we do look at periodically, but don't expect it to
change frequently.

I just want to point out something important. There is NO "cost of
ownership" for Enterprise or Studio. Once you own a license it's yours to
use however you like for as long as you like.

What maintaining an active license DOES is to grant you a larger discount on
future upgrades and updates.

Currently:

- Three months of new versions are included with initial purchase
- "Early Update Packs" include a year of new versions. They cost $199 Studio
/ $499 Enterprise
- "Update Packs" also include a year of new versions. They cost $299 Studio
/ $749 Enterprise

The difference is that "early" update pack pricing is available while your
license is "current" -- anytime within the initial three months or while
another update pack is in effect. You save 50% of the cost of a new license
with the early updates, and 25% off the cost of a new license with the
regular updates. The regular update pack is available to all owners of that
license no matter how long they've gone without updates.

The update packs are about just that -- updates. Rest assured that if you
buy (for example) version 2.8.1, you will always be able to use version
2.8.1 without additional cost.

By the way.... An interesting and often overlooked fact is that Revolution
licenses are per *user* licenses, which means that you can install it on as
many computers as you personally use, so long as you're the only one using
it. There is no "activation" worries, either, like some well-known database
software that gives you only two installs.

All the best,
Bill, RunRev marketing guy

"Andrew Meit" <meitnik at bellsouth.net> wrote in
message news:846CEB3A-BA6C-4F98-A597-32E5163ADDF2 at bellsouth.net...