ISO and Mac chars changed in 2.9

Ron runrevron at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 08:28:08 EST 2007

Intel MacBook  OS 10.4.11
Rev 2.9 dp 2 build 510

stacks with JIS text, viz high ascii text, made in 2.8 now opened in 2.9

Problem:

the scripts are changed to iso text.
the messagebox shows mac text but when it is copied and pasted into
the script, it changes to iso text.
the variable watcher shows mac text but when it is copied and pasted
into the script, it changes to iso text.

Simple Demonstration (that has nothing to do with Japanese JIS text.)

in the messagebox type "put numtochar(166)"
then copy the resulting char to a script.
the two will be different.
in the messagebox type "put mactoiso(numtochar(166))"
then copy the resulting char to a script
this will be different from the message box but the same as the char
in the original messagebox

Another Problem:

As I was testing this, I tried copying from the message box into
another program and the result was this:

ptmcos(utca(6)

instead of this:
put mactoiso(numtochar(166))

Is anyone else seeing either or both of these problems?

Thanks
Ron