Caricature challenge

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Dec 16 20:09:50 EST 2007

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:08:41 -0800, Randall Lee Reetz wrote:

> Well, yes you are correct... Tht would be ideal (as a mode)... But so
> long as the crop is to the outer (and not the inner) rectangle bounds
> of the polygon, then you can still get a good effect.  The more
> triangles the better.. Remember that calculus is an average too!

Well, the docs say "The backgroundPattern of a graphic is displayed
inside the graphic's border if the graphic's fill property is true." I
don't know how that relates to your comment about the outer/inner
bounds of the polygon, but if I am interpreting things correctly, it
looks like it's dealing with the inner bound. There are workarounds as
well that can aid in the distorting too, and keep in mind that (AFAIK)
Rev displays the image through the polygon as if the polygon were
situated in the upper-left corner of the image. I don't know of a way
to adjust any offsets of the image within the polygon (for example to
look at the center of an image using this approach, although there are
other ways to get that effect without using backgroundPatterns...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/