Developer Dreams... Random Numbers

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sun Dec 16 14:59:08 EST 2007

The only thing I want to add to this is a link that directly addresses the
question, "are the numbers really random?"

http://random.org/analysis/

Which basically states it's impossible to prove randomness.

And, the following quote from the Kenny analysis paper:

"Random.org passes the NIST test suite; its pass
rates and uniformity checks are in line with what NIST
considers sufficient to be deemed random. Random.org
can now be recognised as passing the industry
standard suite of tests."