Developer Dreams... Random Numbers

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Dec 16 11:30:29 EST 2007

Mark Schonewille wrote:
> The inability for computers to generate true random numbers is
> exactly why Random.org exists. The random numbers provided by that
> server are not generated by a computer but by mother nature. So, yes,
> Random.org is "really", _really_ and *really* random!

Chaotic, yes, but random?  Hmmmmm....

Without sounding too Taoist/quantum, given the interrelationships
between natural patterns I sometimes wonder if randomness is a purely
intellectual construct, unrelated to the natural world.

Nonetheless, I'm sure that approaching that ideal is useful for human
purposes.  Good work in making it available to Rev folks.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal