Quartam and Galaxy on Linux

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 14:19:54 EST 2007

--- Peter Alcibiades <palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
> OK, one can live with this given authoritative
> reports of someone running it
> happily on Ubuntu.
>
> What about Quartam, which does have a trial version?
>  Am I doing something
> completely idiotic, that I cannot get it to unpack
> for a trial on Linux?
> Trying to unzip the installer leads to a message
> that its not a valid
> archive.  Has anyone actually run this, and how did
> they do it?
>
> I've a real need for something like this, and the
> remark about awk was not a
> joke.  I really am going to have to rewrite a huge
> spreadsheet into something
> else, for performance reasons, and awk is the thing
> that offers itself since
> I don't know Perl.
>
> Quartam seems a lot more fun, if I can get it to
> run.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

Quartam PDF Library can be tested on Linux without a
problem - it is compatible with both Revolution 2.6.1
and Revolution 2.9 beta. (And all versions in between
on supported platforms)

Quartam Reports is a different animal, as it falls
into two parts: the report printing library which is
pure Revolution, no externals; and the Layout Builder,
which was only compiled for Windows and MacOSX.

Which means that you should be able to test the report
samples, once you can install the package somewhere
and extract the files:
- the stack 'qrtReportsLib.rev'
- the stack 'Report samples.rev'
- the directory 'Sample layouts'

For version 1.1, there will be a Linux build of the
layout builder in Quartam Reports. While I know a
number of QR users do deploy on Linux, you're the
first to ask to have the layout builder available on
Linux as well.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====