encrypt not working in Leopard - temporary solution suggestion

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri Dec 14 21:59:51 EST 2007

For encryption/decryption on Leopard, until things are fixed, I've
been using this simple substitution cypher plus a Base64encode/decode:

function lbencrypt pIn
     put empty into tOut
     repeat for each char c in pIn
         put chartonum(c)+2 & tab before tOut
     end repeat
     return base64encode(tOut)
end lbencrypt
function lbdecrypt pIn
     put base64decode(pIn) into pIn
     set the itemdel to tab
     put empty into tOut
     repeat for each item c in pIn
         put numtochar(c-2) before tOut
     end repeat
     return tOut
end lbdecrypt

Once encryption is fixed you can just put your regular encryption
handlers back.

If anyone has something better, post it if ya got it!