Generating custom windowshapes within Rev

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Dec 12 19:43:09 EST 2007

Recently, Ian Wood wrote:

> we can have fully automated
> windowshapes, maybe even with the possibility of *resizable* custom
> shapes...

Yes, this is quite doable.  You just can't do it with live dragging, or as
smoothly as resizing a normal window.

This kind of stuff would be a *lot* easier if we could also use graphics (as
opposed to images) to define the window region.  Building mask images on the
fly is major pain and slow.

Finally, I hate to throw out vaporware promises, but one of the tools in
development over here will allow for easy construction of custom windows
natively within Rev, complete with shading and rendered appearances.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design