Rev Holiday Bundle - Holy Cow, Batman!

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 13:50:58 EST 2007

--- Peter Alcibiades <palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
> Its a very attractive proposition...Very attracive
> indeed.  But not quite so
> attractive if you're running Linux.  Because in that
> case you don't get
> Valentina, and the Galaxy editor doesn't come for
> Linux, and neither does
> Quartam..
>
> Soooo...  Maybe the next one.  And back to sqlite
> for my database, and awk,
> that throwback to prehistory, for my reports....
>
> Awk is pretty good, if you know it already, he said
> bravely, hoping they would
> not laugh.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter et al,

I see you have already received concerning Valentina
and GLX2. Let me add that Quartam PDF Library uses no
native extensions and can be used on Linux without a
problem.
As for Quartam Reports, the report printing library
works on any Revolution 2.x-supported platform,
including Linux - the layout builder is the single
part that has been compiled for MacOS and Windows
only.
Now that I have installed Ubuntu under Parallels on my
MacBook, I can personally test how the next version of
Quartam Reports, including the layout builder, will
run on Linux.
And to answer the question you're bound to ask:
everyone who buys Quartam Reports version 1.0 gets a
free upgrade to version 1.1 - more news on that
upgrade to come shortly.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====