Getting vScroll movement of a field scrollbar

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Dec 11 15:38:13 EST 2007

Hi Jim,

Le 11 déc. 07 à 21:23, James Hurley a écrit :

> My thanks to all who replied.
>
> Eric's protocol works wonderfully well--see his description below.
>
> (When he says that "this makes the button disappear appropriately"
> I think he means that the button will disappear as it passes off
> the top of the field.)

You are completely right: your English is better than mine ;-)
Grouping and locking the group with 'no' margins, as you understood
it :-), makes the button(s) as they were really incorporated in the
field.
Glad to help you who helped me with Bezier curves some time ago: in
this field you are a master :-)

> Very slick.
>
> Jim
>

>> Message: 20
>> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:02:08 +0100
>> From: Eric Chatonet <eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com>
>> Subject: Re: Getting vScroll movement of a field scrollbar
>> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> May be I don't understand the problem ;-)
>> But:
>>
>> I created a scrolling field, added a button overlaying the field and
>> grouped both with group margins = zero.
>> Then I locked the group: this makes the button disappear
>> appropriately.
>>
>> In the script of the field:
>>
>> on scrollbardrag pPos
>>    set the top of btn "Test" to <value> - pPos
>> end scrollbardrag
>>
>> <value> is the top of the button when field's vScroll = zero.
>>
>> In the script of the card:
>>
>> on preOpenCard
>>    send "scrollbardrag" && the vScroll of fld "ScrollingField" to fld
>> "ScrollingField"
>> end preOpenCard
>>
>> Actually this works for me in any case and I don't mind any initial
>> position :-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.