Field of Card of Stack

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 13:35:56 EST 2007

--- Eric Chatonet <eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com>
wrote:
> Hi Shari,
>
> Le 8 déc. 07 à 15:40, Shari a écrit :
>
> > If you have a stack with one card, far as I can
> tell both of the
> > following work, but shouldn't the second one fail?
> >
> > get fld "Seaweed" of cd "Aquaplants" of stack
> "Waterbabies"
>
> Will get the contents of the field in the specified
> card whatever can
> be the current card in stack "Waterbabies".
> You'll use this form to get something in a card that
> is not currently
> displayed.
>
> > get fld "Seaweed" of stack "Waterbabies"
>
> Will get the contents of the field in the the
> current card of stack
> "Waterbabies".
> This will depend on the currently displayed card.

There's one catch: if the field is part of a
background group, it doesn't matter if you use the
correct card name or number in your control reference:
it will always return the content of the field of the
_current_ card of the background.

Hope this avoids some unpleasant surprises,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====