Standalone Text Field problem for WindowsXP

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Fri Dec 7 23:17:43 EST 2007

Well, I'm back after a considerable hiatus, and have some new plans
for Revolution articles on the Macinstruct.com website.

First, however, I need to wrap up the application that was in the
mill when I "dropped out" of the list. I finally got a Mac Pro with
the 30" Apple Display that allows me to "see" once again. Though OSX
is still a glaring abomination and I have found no way to adequately
adjust the "glare". Nevertheless, I now have WindowsXP running under
VMWare's Fusion and can test the Window's version of my Coloring Book
Application. Actually, it works fine except that none of fixed and
some of the scrolling text fields just don't make it. They just
aren't there. Also, the sound is pretty crude and the menus don't
show up at the top of the window. I'm at a loss to see what may have
caused this - the missing menus.

Perhaps I need to build the Window's executable separately from the
MacOSX build. That will be my next trial. If any of you have
suggestions based on your own experiences, I'd love to hear them. I'm
still using 10.4.11 (Tiger) and, though I just purchased Leopard, I'm
a little hesitant to load it up until I know that Rev works
acceptably on it.

TIA,

Joe Wilkins