copy large files in Rev on Mac

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Dec 6 16:32:38 EST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Windows has the following function in their api:
>
> CopyFile(FROM, TO, OVERWRITE)
> [CORE] The Win32::CopyFile() function copies an existing file to a
> new file. All file information like creation time and file attributes
> will be copied to the new file.
>
> This sort of function has been present in api's (including system 9
> Macs) since I've been programming. I just don't understand why it's
> Rev's fault that Apple's current OS doesn't support something as basic
> as "copyfile" for ALL their files?

Chipp,

I think I may have missed something earlier in this thread. Why do you
think that OS X doesn't have an API for copying bundles (really
folders)? I just did a quick search in XCode and saw FSCopyObjectSync.
It takes a pointer to the source object to copy. The object can be a
file or a directory so it doesn't matter if you pass a file or a folder.

In any case, Rev doesn't provide direct access to CopyFile on Windows
or FSCopyObjectSync on OS X. They use Revolution code in the handlers
revCopyFile and revCopyFolder which call command line tools.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems