How to auto startup

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu Dec 6 14:04:01 EST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 7:51 PM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
>
>> No need to use AppleScript. It should be something like this:
>>
>> create alias "/system/library/startupitems/yourapp.alias" to file
>> "/volumes/diskimage/yourapp.app"
>

> Hi Mark,
>
> Thank for this.  Unfortunately this did not work.  Dragging an
> alias into the two startup folders I located did nothing on a restart.

I've used the following (requires System Events)...

In my preferences I have this script somewhere:

     if the platform is "MacOS" then
       put the defaultFolder into tDF
       put the u_AutoOSX_one of this stack & tDF &the u_AutoOSX_two
of this stack into tAS
       do tAS as Applescript
     end if

I also have the two items as custom properties:

u_AutoOSX_one
----------------
tell application "System Events"
	       get exists login item "MY_APP_NAME"
	    if result is false then
	    make new login item at end of login items with properties {path:"

u_AutoOSX_two
/Desk Doctor.app", hidden:true, kind:application, name:"MY_APP_NAME"}
	 end if
end tell

HTH
sims