copy large files in Rev on Mac

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Dec 6 10:28:33 EST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 3:46 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hmmm. Then there's no native api that Rev can hook into? Seems like
> the same
> guys who programmed QuickTime SMIL support got involved in creating
> the
> filesytem too ;-)

I wouldn't blame the OS X programmers because Revolution doesn't have
support for bundles . Just because this isn't straightforward in
Revolution doesn't mean it the file system is at fault. The original
Revolution syntax just wasn't built with bundles in mind
(understandably).

Bundles are very well documented and you can find out all sorts of
information here:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFBundles/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/10000123i

This particular section describes how the finder uses bundles and
makes reference to the bundle bit that a folder can have set on it.
Rev just doesn't give us direct access to this information.

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFBundles/Concepts/BundlesAndFinder.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20002127-BAJIBGGC

When it comes to copying files/folders Revolution really should have
native copy routines that use the file system (with callbacks) rather
than making us resort to the shell.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems