QT + SMIL = BAD COMBO

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Dec 4 02:26:29 EST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 4:51 PM, Michael <mpease at lawandpolitics.com> wrote:

> In my opinion, SMIL isn't all that useful by itself. If you want editing
> features, try using Quicktime reference movie files. They are incredibly
> useful.

Yep, that's what I ended up doing-- creating a QT ref file by scratch. But
it's so much easier using SMIL than managing all the tracks manually. My app
has the traditional timeline with 2 audio tracks for editing. So, the
compilation can get complicated, though I was able to do it with Trevor's
external. Much easier with SMIL, but then you can't export to a single
standalone video file, which you can do with a QT ref file.

-C