Suppressing shell windows

Beynon, Rob R.Beynon at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 14:43:50 EST 2007

Windows XP..Rev 2.8.1

I'm writing frond end software that calls DOS programs using the shell command.

I call this DOS program hundreds or thousands of time in a single run, and every time, my XP system throws up a transient command window which slows execution and is messy, to say the least.

I tried using "lock screen" but that had no effect..

(actually, I've only ever tried this in interpreted, IDE mode)

I'm stuck now, and will gratefully receive all further suggestions....

Thanks

Rob

________________________________

Prof R J Beynon[h]
Proteomics and Functional Genomics Group
Faculty of Veterinary Science
University of Liverpool
Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZJ

Phone: +44 151 794 4312