QT + SMIL = BAD COMBO

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sat Dec 1 09:01:11 EST 2007

Chipp,

I also went lost on that road before. I found that RealPlayer support
for SMIL is better than apple, so people wanting to really use SMIL
can move to RP or use a Flash Media Player, many support some SMIL.

As for QT, it appears that there's a lot of half baked features. It's
flash support is broken, it's hotspot support could be better, the
SMIL support is odd... sometimes it feels like QT is hacked together
instead of grown with a plan.

I also paid for QT Pro and really wish Apple would gives a better
editing tool as QT Pro users, QT Player editing feels like a toy. I
can't recall how many times I went to Final Cut Pro on the university
to do simple and silly movie editing that QT Pro should handle in an
easy way.

:-/

bad bad apple.

Andre