Remote MAC address on Windows

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Aug 31 18:33:55 EDT 2007

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> From what I read, the arp command is supposed to get what I need but I
> can't make it work. I think that's because my server is a Mac. If I
> had a Windows-only network it might work but I don't know how to test
> it with my current setup. :(

I very much doubt that :-)
Whether the server is a Mac or a polka-dotted unicorn (??), if you can
ping it, it pretty much has to have an arp association on the client
machine :-)

after you do the ping, does the arp table on the server have an entry
for the client ?

could you send the output of ipconfig on the windows client, and
ifconfig on the Mac server. Thanks

--

Alex Tweedly      mailto:alex at tweedly.net      www.tweedly.net