snapshot of qt movie will always show the first frame!?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Aug 30 08:16:53 EDT 2007

Hi Bernd,

> Hi Klaus,
>
> If I put the snapshot script into a second independent stack then
> the movie
> continues without going to the first frame afterwards even if I use a
> filename dialog (ask file).
> The script of the second stack, just a button:
>
> on mouseUp
>   put the rect of player "p1" of stack "Tracker" into theRect
>   put the title of stack "Tracker" & "test" into dateiVorschlag
>   put specialfolderpath ("desktop")into OrdnerFuerImage
>   put OrdnerFuerImage & "/" & dateiVorschlag & " JPEG.jpg" into
> thePath
>
>   ask file "Dateinamen für Graphik-Export aussuchen aussuchen" with
> thePath

doppelt gemoppelt... ;-)

>   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
>   put it into thePath
>
>   put the rect of player "p1" of stack "Tracker" into theRect
>   put the WindowId of stack "Tracker" into dieWindowID
>   push card
>   go stack "Tracker"
>   set the filetype to ""
>   export snapshot from rect theRect of window dieWindowID to file
> thePath as
> JPEG
>   pop card
> end mouseUp
>
> may be you try this and see what happens
>
> hth
>
> regards
>
> Bernd

Thanks, I already have a workaround in using Trevor's WONDERFUL
Enhanced QT External
to extract a frame from a video directly.

Strange enough, I have another stack, where this (export snapshot...)
works without problems
with movie frames?

Best and liebe Grüße :-)

Klaus Major