https Help Needed

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Aug 29 19:53:23 EDT 2007

Sorry, I take that back. I don't think it will work because shell
calls are blocking - your app will do nothing until the shell call to
curl is completed, appending an ampersand (to put the process in the
background) doesn't work in Rev on OS X.

BTW, what are the problems you're having with libURL and https? I had
some problems with frequent timeouts, and although I've since
migrated that particular app to using curl, before I did, I managed
to come up with a repeat loop that kept trying until it succeeded.
Not ideal, but it worked.

Best,

Mark