https Help Needed

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Aug 29 15:54:20 EDT 2007

Hey Rev List:

I'm under a very tight deadline on an https file access stack for Mac/Win.
I need to download a file from a secure server to a local drive, ideally
using 'load URL' so I can monitor progress.

Apparently there is a bug in the SSL stuff in libURL that prevents the
library from working reliably on OSX(?).  I was able to workaround the
problem of *reading* a text file on the server by using the previously
posted shell workaround for OSX:
get shell("curl -v -k" && secureServerPath)

This seems to work fine for reading, but now how can I download a file from
this same secure server and monitor progress?  Any option for this?

Am hoping somebody can provide a solution soon as I'm quickly running out of
time.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director