Help with shell() script

Paul Williams p.williams at alkazar.net
Wed Aug 29 10:44:59 EDT 2007

I am trying to use the openssl function within cygwin in windows.
The following is the script, instead of sending the command 'version' to
openssl it appears to be sending "/C" as the result quotes that "/C" is not
a valid command.

The it variable contains:
"openssl:Error: '/C' is an invalid command.
Standard commands
asn1parse ....... "

Putting 'version' in at the prompt works OK.
What am I doing wrong and where does the "/C" come from?

Paul

on mouseUp
  set the hideconsolewindows to true
  put   "c:\cygwin\bin\openssl.exe" into filepath
  open process filepath
  set shellcommand to "c:\cygwin\bin\openssl.exe"
  put "version" into shellc
  get shell("version")
   answer it
 end mouseUp