email notification from app

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Fri Aug 24 14:04:36 EDT 2007

I was using altEmailHarness and Sean Shao's libSmtp as the model for
building a bug notification feature allowing the user to send an
email directly from an application.  It occurred to me that using
"post" (I already have a form that for the job) might work just as
well and have the added flexibility of allowing me to change hosts
without needing to update the settings in the application.  In my
tests both seem to perform well but being new to either technique I
wondered if, before committing myself, anyone on the list had
thoughts about one method over the other.  Thanks.

-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust !)
web     http://elementarysoftware.com/