Ask window on attached to wrong window

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Thu Aug 23 22:40:55 EDT 2007

I have a stub executable which opens its own window and then opens a
stack (so I now have two windows). On the non-executable stack is a
graphic that acts as a button to ask for a password.

On a Mac, the ask window opens and is attached to the non-stub stack
window as expected. However, on Windows the ask dialog is linked
(i.e. modal) to the stub window not the correct window even though
that window is the frontmost window. The expected window is locked
waiting for a response but the user can't see the ask dialog because
it is hidden behind and is associated with the stub. If I move the
windows around or bring the stub application forward then I can see
and click on the ask dialog and everything works. If I don't click on
the stub window then I never see the ask dialog box and can't ever
get out of it.

On Windows, even though the stack with the graphic is the frontmost
window, if I click on that "frontmost" window before clicking on the
graphic then it works as expected and the ask dialog correctly comes
up and works.

Is there a Rev command to bring the window to the front? For example
in AppleScript the command is "activate".

I don't see a similar command in Rev.

Bill Vlahos