which field property to set for 'scrolling'?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Aug 20 09:11:41 EDT 2007

Hi Tiemo,

You should be able to put these handlers in the card (stack) script:

on keyDown
   if the selectedField <> empty then
     if  AllowInput() then pass keyDown --
   else pass keyDown
end keyDown
function AllowInput
   return the formattedWidth of the target < the width of the target
end AllowInput

Keydown handler (when a key id pressed) will check, when it's a non
locked field and using the AllowInput function, the width of the
current string related to the physical width of the field. In other
cases, keydown will be passed.

Le 20 août 07 à 14:50, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> I have a single line field (don't wrap = true) where the input can
> be longer
> as the field is.
>
> When I set the cursor into the field I can't "scroll" with the
> arrow keys to
> the end of the text (no scrollbars) so that the single line text
> moves thru
> the field.
>
> Which field property do I have to set for this issue?
>
> Thanks for any hint
>
> Tiemo

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.