Saving stack and Chinese

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Aug 16 17:03:51 EDT 2007

Hello list,

I have a stack with one field. The field contains 3 Chinese
characters. I put the characters into the field using

set the unicodeText of fld 1 to <some chinese unicode>

Each time when I save the stack, either by script or using the menu,
the 3 characters change into 4 characters which don't look right.
Sometimes, when I click in the message box and subsequently in the
stack, the same happens. This looks like a focus problem. Did anyone
observe similar behaviour?

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http;//www.salery.com

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier.
http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com