Standalones as CGI

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 14:41:22 EDT 2007

--- jbv <jbv.silences at club-internet.fr> wrote:
> OK, Andre has done a wonderful job (as always), and
> you (probably) all know that I'm
> a big fan of Rev cgi (building websites around it
> every time I can)...
>
> Nevertheless, I don't want to be the devil's
> advocate, but I was wondering what practical
> use we could find in generating images via cgi
> standalones, like bar charts etc.
> I mean, there are already several (fast) php
> librairies capable of it, that can be hooked to any
> Rev cgi script... And there are also some js
> functions that allow generation of various
> graphics on the client side browser...
> Last but not least, as for image manipulation, we
> all know the slowness of imagedata...
>
> So I'm curious : any brilliant idea ?

Apart from the obvious one: I can make those things in
Rev already, I don't know PHP and don't want to learn
something that looks like C ?

Don't get me wrong: I spend quite some time with Java
and do know a bit of PHP - but that doesn't mean that
I like those better than Rev. The most important thing
is that it gets the job done.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====